Instant Rebate Terms and Conditions - 2023
CLEAResult Standard Terms and Conditions
The Golden States Rebate Program (the “Program”) is funded by California utility customers under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission (“CPUC”) and implemented by CLEAResult Consulting Inc. (“CLEAResult”) under a contract awarded by San Diego Gas & Electric Company (“SDG&E”). The Program is supported by Pacific Gas and Electric Company (“PG&E”), Southern California Gas Company (“SoCalGas”), and Southern California Edison Company (“SCE”).
As used herein, the term “Participating California Utility” shall mean SDG&E, PG&E, SCE, SoCalGas, and any other California utility company participating in the funding of the Program.
- I understand that Golden State Rebate’s instant rebate Coupon Codes are non-transferable and cannot be assigned to a different retailer than originally selected and cannot be cancelled and/or reissued.
- I understand that an instant rebate coupon may only be redeemed at participating retail locations (online or in store, depending on my selection of retailer) listed in the Program’s coupon portal “Eligibility” section.
- There is a limit of one (1) rebate per household, per measure (product category)
- I understand that all coupons expire on December 31st of the current year unless noted otherwise. If I do not use my coupon during the period it is valid, I may apply for a new coupon after my current coupon has expired. For example, if my coupon expires on December 31st and I do not use it, I may apply for a new coupon on or after January 1st of the following year.
- If I receive a rebate for a qualifying product and then return the product to the store for any reason within five (5) years, I may not apply for a second instant coupon rebate.
- If I purchase a qualifying product using an instant rebate coupon and then cancel that purchase, I may not receive another rebate in that same product category. However, if a retailer cancels the purchase of a smart thermostat where an instant rebate coupon was used, I may submit proof of the retailer’s cancelation to the program [email protected] for review.
- I understand that the qualifying product must be installed no later than sixty (60) days following the date of purchase and shall remain installed for at least five (5) years.
- For all eligible smart thermostats, if a common “c-wire” is not installed as part of the low-voltage control wiring, I understand that it is required that the installation of the smart thermostat includes a common wire adapter. Installer shall follow smart thermostat manufacturer’s recommendations on c-wire specifications.
- For all eligible residential heat pump water heaters (HPWH) replacing a gas storage water heaters (Fuel Substitution), the existing base equipment must be disposed.
- To be eligible for a rebate, I understand that: (a) I must be a residential customer on a residential rate with an active meter serviced by a Participating California Utility for the installation address, and (b) the product(s) I install must qualify as described on the online rebate portal and/or program website, and be designed to reduce the consumption of the energy distributed to me by the same Participating California Utility at the installation address. I understand I must complete a separate application for each installation address. All uses herein of the words “install,” “installation” or similar phrases shall mean complete installation such that the subject products are fully functional.
- I understand that all Non-Residential accounts are ineligible for this residential rebate.
- I understand that only the primary person listed on the active Participating California Utility account may apply for an instant rebate coupon for the premise/installation address.
- The qualifying product(s) must be installed in a residential dwelling within the service area of a Participating California Utility. The dwelling unit must be fully constructed and occupied.
- I understand that Program funds, including any fund utilized for rebates or incentives, will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until such funds are no longer available. This Program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. Customers who choose to participate in this Program are not obligated to purchase any additional goods or services offered by CLEAResult or any other third party. The selection, purchase, and ownership of goods and/or services are the sole responsibility of the customer. None of the Participating California Utilities make any warranty, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, of goods or service selected by customer. None of the Participating California Utilities endorse, qualify, or guarantee the work of CLEAResult or any third party. Eligibility requirements apply; see the Program conditions for details.
- The Participating California Utilities and the CPUC have the right to verify the purchase and/or installation of the applicable product, which verification may include conducting inspections at the site where the applicable product is installed and/or requesting that purchaser provide any and all available information, books and records related to the purchase or installation of the applicable product. By receiving a rebate, I agree to allow representatives of any Participating California Utility and/or the CPUC reasonable access to my home to verify the installed product I have purchased upon request. The verification of installation must be scheduled within 30 days of customer contact by such a Participating California Utility or the CPUC. I understand that any Participating California Utility and/or the CPUC may contact the qualifying product vendor and/or installer, if needed, to verify purchase and/or installation and may provide my name and/or address to complete this verification.
- I understand that the rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price. I understand that I cannot receive a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one California utility or third-party energy efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other incentives funded with CPUC Public Goods Charge funds. By applying for a rebate, I certify that I have not received any other rebates for the product for which I am applying for a rebate.
- I agree that the selection of qualifying product(s), selection of manufacturer, dealer, supplier and/or installer, and purchase, installation and ownership/maintenance of the qualifying product(s) referenced in this application are my sole responsibility, and that my manufacturer, dealer, supplier or installer of these products is not an agent or representative of any Participating California Utility or CLEAResult. I understand that each Participating California Utility makes no representations regarding manufacturers, dealers, contractors, materials or workmanship. EACH PARTICIPATING CALIFORNIA UTILITY MAKES NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE, OR APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCTS. I agree that each Participating California Utility has no liability whatsoever concerning (1) the quality, safety and/or installation of the products, including their fitness for any purpose, (2) the estimated energy savings of the products, (3) the workmanship of any third parties, (4) the installation or use of the products including, but not limited to, effects on indoor pollutants, or (5) any other matter with respect to the Program.
- I waive any and all claims against any Participating California Utility, CLEAResult and their respective parent companies, directors, officers, employees, or agents, arising out of activities conducted under the Program or activities by or on behalf of such Participating California Utility in connection with my application for any rebate(s) under the Program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, none of such parties shall be liable hereunder for any type of damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, reliance, punitive or special damages, including without limitation damages for loss of use damage to property, or personal injury regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, indemnity, warranty, strict liability or tort, including negligence of any kind.
- I am responsible for meeting all Program requirements and complying with my state/county/city governments, property owner and/or homeowner’s association requirements (if any) in my area regarding local conditions, restrictions, codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations concerning this installation.
- If a tenant, I am responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the product for which I am applying for a rebate.
- I understand that each Participating California Utility is not responsible for items lost or destroyed in the mail/transit.
- I understand that if I purchase a product that qualifies for a rebate, and there is a promotion offered by the retailer and/or manufacturer, any additional promotional savings are separate from the Program’s rebate.
Third Party Terms